Wherever two or more are gathered in one accord with a common cause, a third mind is created, that is more powerful than either of the individual minds.
The MasterMind concept was introduced with that particular phrasing back in the 1930’s by a man named Napoleon Hill. A video of him explaining this concept is below. For the purposes of this email, however, it is important to understand that this type of StarMaking has been done for as long as human beings have been around and had “minds.” Napoleon Hill simply coined a phrase and then a beautiful explanations for how to practically harness and use this powerful energy consciously and constructively.
To some, it is in the form of a “prayer chain.” See my post on Power Prayers, for examples of famous healing MasterMind intentions, performed en mass for centuries that you can easily tap into, regardless of your belief system. To others, maybe they call it a coven. Still others, a think tank. However you understand it or experience it, it is most likely you have experienced the benefits and power of a MasterMind.
Why is understanding the MasterMind concept, and then actively participating in one or more, such a StarMaker? How does it make you a SuperStar?
- For one, and this fact has been known for as long as can be remembered, that “two heads are better than one.” You accomplish so much more than just going it alone.
- You get multiple viewpoints for your mutual goal, which always makes for better decision making.
- No one wants to feel alone! Being a part of a MasterMind group with a common goal meets a basic human happiness need to belong.
- Many great things have been accomplished with a small number of people without conflicting agendas.
- True Case Study: Back when I was a Headhunter, the President’s 3 year old son, Patrick was found facedown in the pool while on vacation. He was rushed to the hospital, and the prognosis was not good. He had been under way too long. Three other children were brought in that same day, also drowning victims. Patrick was in the worst shape of them all. The President called upon all of us, and we all spread the word to immediately and continually pray for Patrick, who was in critical condition, and the next 24 hours were going to decide everything. Phones rang, emails were sent. It was before twitter so tweets didn’t happen, but word still spread like wildfire. We all set one focused attention on that spirited little 3 year old boy being 100% recovered. That day I was having my wisdom teeth extracted, but all I could think about was Patrick. That Sarah MacLachlan song came on…”You’re in the arms of the angels…” I pictured Patrick being healed by angels all around him, oblivious to the drilling, cracking, and so forth that was going on. The result: 24 hours after the “prayer chain” began, the news came that Patrick had made a 100% recovery, which utterly baffled the doctors. They all exclaimed it was a miracle, even at the hospital. Unfortunately the other three children did not make it, even though they were given better odds than Patrick. Two days after his accident, they brought Patrick in to say hi to all of us, and he was chipper and happy as ever. Okay I’m crying all over my keyboard just remembering it. Just crazy luck or the power of a MasterMind of 300 people focused on one singular goal accomplishing a miracle in 24 hours? You decide if it was a coincidence or not. But what if it wasn’t?
- The thing about the MasterMind is that it works the best when there is a goal that is harmonious for the all. Something about the laws of nature kind of come together in a way that creates amazing things.
- Many smart people have used MasterMinds to build, expand, and even create a new business, with great success.
- As smart as we all like to think we are, there is no way we all have all the pieces to a given scenario. But a carefully chosen MasterMind would.
- Napoleon Hill talks about a fun way to use the MasterMind. He formed an imaginary one with greats like Abraham Lincoln, Einstein, and so forth, and to his great surprise, found that he was able to get ideas that he never would have thought of, except that he allowed these other viewpoints from people he respected. Pretty neat huh? Do you think his confidence level rose? Do you think he felt like a Star, better equipped to handle his life? You betcha!
There are many kinds of MasterMinds, just go wild with it and find one that suits you best: ToastMasters International, Prayer/Devotional groups, Bible Studies, Meditation classes, Martial Arts…the list is endless. They work as long as you all have the same goal and that goal in general is for the betterment of something or someone. The point is these can all be used consciously by you as a MasterMind, and you can use the combined power to help you accomplish your goals so much faster and easier. Try it!