One of my all time favorite topics! Gardening and growing your own food. Why does it make you an authentic SuperStar in your own life?
- There is a certain satisfaction and priceless amount of internal confidence that you build by being able to grow your own food.
- It puts you closer in touch with the earth, and how it provides so abundantly every time we plant the seeds and tend to it. This connection is beyond words, when you feel Mother Earth herself is on your side.
- In a word: FOOD!
- Gardening, whether vegetables, or flowers or a window sill herb pot…is well-known to be a incredible emotional healing stress relief. Stress is a huge problem we all have at any age. We must do what we can naturally to lower those cortisol (stress hormone) levels. Gardening it an Ultimate StarMaker in this regard.
- You can share, and sharing feels great! It’s a basic human need. The person who grows food is usually the most popular person on the block. Food is life. Do you think one who gives out life-giving food is a SuperStar? You bet your hot apple pie! 🙂
- Canning, pickling, preserving and so forth, provides food, along with precious love and connection, for your family and friends for weeks, months, and maybe even years. Plus they also make great gifts.Who wants homemade strawberry jam, preserved when the strawberries were their juicy best…even in the winter?
- Growing your own food, as much as you can, ultimately is a huge money-saver.
- You can grow your own food anywhere, even in an apartment.
- What can I say, once the gardening bug has taken a hold, it’s a bit of an addiction…the best kind.
- There is just something so amazingly rewarding on every level to be responsible for taking something from a tiny seed, working with the earth, caring to keep predators away, watching it thrive and grow and yield life-giving food that fills the soul like nothing else. All gardeners are Stars…believe that! 🙂
- There are so many resources for gardening and growing your own food. You really can do it anywhere any time.
One of my favorite sites is Garden-Share. I absolutely love this site because it is an entire community of gardeners of every kind, all willing to help and share. It meets the need and sense of belonging as well. Whether you are a beginner or master horticulturalist, you will find anything you need to know there, and also a growing community of great folks to share with.
*Garden-Share is not an affiliate relationship. Just fantastic site for gardening. Find it here, on the side menu, and also below on the blogroll.
Growing your own food may sound like a no-brainer, but in the busy world of today, it’s easy to forget this incredible Ultimate Authentic StarMaker. I’ve only listed just a few of the many rewards above. Take some time to grow something today. You will feel and actually be a Star instantly! 🙂