MasterMind Groups; Proven Starmaker. Wherever two or more are gathered in one accord with a common cause, a third mind is created, that is more powerful than either of the individual minds.
First of all, MasterMind concept was introduced with that particular phrasing back in the 1930’s by a man named Napoleon Hill. A video of him explaining this concept is below. For the purposes of this post, however, it is important to understand that this type of StarMaking has been done for as long as human beings have been around and had “minds.” Napoleon Hill simply coined a phrase and then a beautiful explanations for how to practically harness and use this powerful energy consciously and constructively.
To some, it is in the form of a “prayer chain.” See my post on Power Prayers, for examples of famous healing MasterMind intentions, performed en mass for centuries that you can easily tap into, regardless of your belief system. To others, maybe they call it a coven. Still others, a think tank. However you understand it or experience it, it is most likely you have experienced the benefits and power of a MasterMind.
MasterMind Ultimate Benefits:
Why is understanding the MasterMind concept, and then actively participating in one or more, such a StarMaker? How does it make you a SuperStar?
- For one, and this fact has been known for as long as can be remembered, that “two heads are better than one.” You accomplish so much more than just going it alone.
- You get multiple viewpoints for your mutual goal, which always makes for better decision making.
- No one wants to feel alone! Being a part of a MasterMind group with a common goal meets a basic human happiness need to belong.
- Many great things have been accomplished with a small number of people without conflicting agendas
MasterMind True Case Study
- Back when I was a Headhunter, the President’s 3 year old son, Patrick was found facedown in the pool while on vacation. He was rushed to the hospital, and the prognosis was not good. He had been under way too long. Three other children were brought in that same day, also drowning victims. Patrick was in the worst shape of them all. The President called upon all of us, and we all spread the word to immediately and continually pray for Patrick, who was in critical condition. The next 24 hours were going to decide everything. Phones rang, emails were sent. It was before twitter so tweets didn’t happen, but word still spread like wildfire. We all set one focused attention on that spirited little 3 year old boy being 100% recovered. That day I was having my wisdom teeth extracted, but all I could think about was Patrick. That Sarah MacLachlan song came on…”You’re in the arms of the angels…” I pictured Patrick being healed by angels all around him, oblivious to the drilling, cracking, and so forth that was going on.
- The result: 24 hours after the “prayer chain” began, the news came that Patrick had made a 100% recovery. This recovery utterly baffled the doctors. They all exclaimed it was a miracle, even at the hospital. Unfortunately the other three children did not make it, even though they were given better odds than Patrick. Two days after his accident, they brought Patrick in to say hi to all of us, and he was chipper and happy as ever. Okay I’m crying all over my keyboard just remembering it. Just crazy luck or the power of a MasterMind of 300 people focused on one singular goal accomplishing a miracle in 24 hours? You decide if it was a coincidence or not. But what if it wasn’t?
MasterMind Benefits, even further:
- The thing about the MasterMind is that it works the best when there is a goal that is harmonious for the all. Something about the laws of nature kind of come together in a way that creates amazing things.
- Many smart people have used MasterMinds to build, expand, and even create a new business, with great success.
- As smart as we all like to think we are, there is no way we all have all the pieces to a given scenario. But a carefully chosen MasterMind would.
MasterMind, a Fun Exercise:
- Napoleon Hill talks about a fun way to use the MasterMind. He formed an imaginary one with greats like Abraham Lincoln, Einstein, and so forth. To his great surprise, found that he was able to get ideas that he never would have thought of. He allowed these other viewpoints from people he respected. Pretty neat huh? Do you think his confidence level rose? Do you think he felt like a Star, better equipped to handle his life? You betcha!
There are many kinds of MasterMinds, just go wild with it and find one that suits you best: ToastMasters International, Prayer/Devotional groups, Bible Studies, Meditation classes, Martial Arts…the list is endless. They work as long as you all have the same goal. Also that goal in general must be for the betterment of something or someone. The point is these can all be used consciously by you as a MasterMind. You can use the combined power to help you accomplish your goals so much faster and easier. Try it!
COMMENT & SHARE:
Please share your successes, accomplishments, and experiences about how being a part of a MasterMind or something similar has helped you to become an authentic superstar in your own right. How did it change your life? Also comment below if you are excited about this idea, and wish to interact with others who are too. We love to hear from you! 🙂
4 Replies to “MasterMind Group – Create – Join”
Hey David, Great video man. Masterminding is KEY. It’s helped me out in leaps and bodnus. Awesome stuff here man. Great to connect with you again. Reply:July 24th, 2010 at 3:53 amTwitter: Hey Ryan,As usual, you are on the cutting edge of online marketing and home business.Thanks so much for following my stuff. I’m honored and humbled.Take Care
Excellent tips! I fully agree that networking yoelsurf around before you’re selling anything is a key factor that a lot of people miss.To me, I see connections as mutually beneficial relationships. Hopefully I can help the person with whom I am trying to connect (this benefits them) and if I can help them I get a good feeling for being able to help (this benefits me in an altruistic way) Maybe some day in the future they’ll want to return the favor, and that’d be cool, but I don’t always focus on connecting with the big heavy hitters I focus on connecting with people who I think are cool and jive in my space on the Internet. As always, thanks for sharing, James!